What is Career CoLabs?
Career CoLabs is a small global workplace and career counseling agency specializing in Workplace Health, Productivity, and Satisfaction, and Career Transition, and Leadership Development.
We offer online career advisor guided and supported programs. We address Career Transitions through our most popular program: "Careers Reinvented: A Step by Step Guide for Finding Your Career Direction and Personal Brand."
Our programs are implementation and execution programs. Clients learn strategies, but more importantly, receive comprehensive, step-by-step, guidance and action planning that leaves nothing out and takes nothing for granted.
Our team consists of Career and Workplace practitioners with expertise in Neuroscience, Health and Wellness, Behavioral Health, Entrepreneurship, Workplace Psychology, Leadership, Executive Coaching, and Career Strategy.
We are relationship-focused, human-centered, and solution-driven using integrative strategies, data-driven, wellness-supported programs and providing people with collaborative, step-by-step support. Our teams work side by side with our clients to envision, plan, strategize, and take action to reach their career and life goals.
The Founder and CEO, Dr. Kristen Tolbert, is a Career Strategist specializing in career transitions, workplace wellness, and leadership development. She helps career and job changers leverage their transferable skills to make a satisfying career change.
About UsPrograms are led by founder Dr. Kristen A Tolbert, EdD LMHC
- Client profiles include young professionals entering the workforce to highly experienced senior professionals looking to make a career change and transition into new careers, roles, and/or environments.
- We serve a worldwide clientele using our online Career Management Classroom.
- Teams include expert private practice career development professionals with expertise in career counseling and strategic development. They hold the highest education, credentials, certifications, and professional experience in workforce development.
Kristen specializes in Workplace Wellness and Career Satisfaction programs in her private practice where she utilizes neuroscience-based strategies to assist people and organizations in becoming both, high performing and healthy workplaces. Kristen’s professional development programs are focused on skills-based, higher-order thinking and behavioral strategies to address job performance, satisfaction, productivity, job transition, and leadership development. Kristen's programs serve a global clientele via live seminars and in collaborative online classrooms.
Kristen’s 20-year career includes work in profit and non-profits in private, state, and federal government sectors throughout the U.S. and internationally. Her experience includes personal and professional development work in conjunction with organizations such as the Medical University of South Carolina, the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs, the Department of Juvenile Justice, and the U.S. Federal Government. Additionally, she provides clinical service and consulting to telemedicine, health care, and human resources technology start-ups and companies and various other small businesses and organizations.
Kristen has a Doctorate in Education with a specialization in Organizational Leadership, and a Masters in Counseling Psychology. She is Nationally Board Certified as a Licensed Counselor and Master Career Counselor and a Qualified Supervisor for counselors seeking state licensure.
Kristen's Credentials, Background, and Professional Experience
- Nationally Board Certified Master Career Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- In-House Federal Career Consultant for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Providing contracted executive career coaching and professional development services to Accountants, Attorneys, Economists, Examiners, IT Specialists, and Industry Specialists
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- 19 years in Practice
- Interests in: Telemedicine, The Independent Workforce, Global Commerce and Economy, STEM Education and Careers, Entrepreneurship, Engagement Research, Workplace Culture, Human Potential, Goal Pursuit, Leadership, Higher Education, Work Psychology and Wellness, Technology, Neuropsychology, Career Self-Sufficiency, Sustainable Communities
- Ed.D. (Doctor of Education) Organizational Leadership/Workforce Development.
- M.S. (Master of Science) Counseling Psychology. Specialization in Strategic and Systems Psychology.
- B.A. (Bachelor of Art) Psychology. Specialization in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Master Career Counselor (MCC), National Career Development AssociationNational Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board for Certified Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Qualified Supervisor, Florida Department of Health
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), California Board of Behavioral Health (in progress)
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology